Wednesday, February 12, 2014

29 Faces, part 2!

Although it's not a rule, I've started a trend of trying out different approaches/materials for each face. On one hand, I think it would be interesting to do this for all 29 faces, I also have reservations about it. For now, I'll try to keep up with it, but who knows.... Some of these techniques worked out better than others, but I'm glad I tried everything that I did! I definitely want to try some of them out again at some point.

5 - nothing but layers and layers transferred from the Gelli plate on a book page with acrylic paint. This was the better of the 2 prints... it was way more challenging than I had anticipated for the result to not turn out crazy.

6 - super quick pen drawing on notebook type paper. I did this on the bus in maybe 2 minutes.

7 - painting on top of a magazine page with acrylic paint. I kinda feel like this is cheating since I painted directly on an ad, but then again, it makes me think of use of the camera obscura, which I think is in my brain after listening to a segment on Science Friday about "Tim's Vermeer" last weekend. Once you start painting on the page, you lose some of then color/lighting cheats.... Still, I'm happy how it turned out.

8 - collage made from pieces I had laying around from some things I was recently working on. I used all of the pieces as they were and didn't trim or cut any of the pieces.

3 comments:

  1. These are all really good! Great job. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really cool!! love that you too r exploring techniques!! (thou these look better than me)... hope by the end we land up stumbling on some new results all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a fun and interesting blog! I love that you are exploring so many different techniques for your faces! (And, I think your gelli prints... the infinite rectangles, etc. are so cool!)

    ReplyDelete