Thursday, October 31, 2019

Inktober 2019 - Day 16-30

One more drawing of Inktober left! I usually draw in the evenings, so I want to wrap things up later today with my last drawing and share some thoughts and reflections on this month, but in case I don't get to it tonight, here's the past 2 weeks of Inktober! (Days 1-15 here)



#16 - Wild. I researched animals that can only live in the wild & decided to go with a whale! I enjoyed drawing this guy!

#17 - Ornament. Many table ornaments! What are they? Ornaments! 

#18 - Misfit. Misfit was not inspiring at all to me & I struggled with it. Halloween was a backup and I ended up here. I enjoyed painting branches.

#19 - Sling. The alpaca fur was tiring (it's made of tiny swirls), but the effect was totally worthwhile!

#20 - Tread

#21 - Treasure. I was definitely thinking of 2 little pirates I get to visit with & who've asked me to draw countless pirate ships! I enjoyed drawing a different part of the pirate story & kinda love this!

#22 - ghost

#23 - Ancient

#24 - Dizzy

#25 - Tasty . This one leaves me so.........
I just wanted to draw fruit and was desperately missing color & so I added the cake, but it still feels so unfinished. I'm tempted to finish it 

#26 - Dark.

#27 - Coat

#28 - Ride

#29 - Injured. I really didn't like this prompt and wanted to explore tree injury and animals that injure trees. That's when I learned about sapsuckers (related to woodpeckers, but woodpeckers usually go for insects). They do technically hurt the trees, but since the tasty sap trees are usually healthy, they can generally recover from the rows of tiny holes the birds leave behind.

#30 - Catch. I kinda already did one like this on day 3 for bait, but decided it was a good chance to see how I've improved by drawing another cat. I'm super proud of this & it's probably my favorite cat that I've drawn, ever!

#inktober #inktober2019

No comments:

Post a Comment