Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Inktober 2019, 2 Weeks

I decided I wanted to do more daily art conveniently around the time that Inktober fell this year, so I decided to give it a try. It is October 15th and I've done 15 drawings, one per a day! I don't usually draw more realistic stuff with only lines, so it's been a nice practice in that way as well as making time every day. It's been a while since I did more daily art.

Drawing with pen is somewhat nerve wracking at times - you can easily mess up a line and then it looks....weird. But that's part of the process! There are things in almost every drawing that I'd do differently if I did it again, but that's not really the point! It's a good chance to learn and try out something and make a habit. I'm enjoying using supplies I've had on hand (with the exception of finally letting myself buy a bottle of black ink) and using them in different ways. My supply list has been minimal with a little notebook of Mix Media paper I got for free at Blick art materials, a mechanical pencil, eraser, rules and random pens, mostly Pigma Microns.

I'm following the relatively minimal number of rules (pencil drawing + ink. I've been sharing them with my boyfriend and randomly on Instagram) and the list of official prompts. Some days the prompts are more inspiring than others (for #13 "ash" I decided having a campfire in the drawing was about as much as I cared), but that's also part of the challenge. I'm hoping to finish the month, but if I don't, that's ok too. I'm hoping to get back into work on other things.


#1 - Ring (Ring Tailed Lemur inspired by recent Zoboomafoo viewing)

#2 - Mindless

#3 - Bait; This is when I decided I really wanted to try out the ink....

#4 - Freeze

#5 - Build

#6 - Husky. I didn't want to draw a dog. I learned that a large paintbrush makes a huge difference in not getting streaks with the ink.

#7 - Enchanted. I really wanted to draw a small cute animal

#8 - Frail

#9 - Swing 

#10 - Pattern

#11 - Snow

#12 - Dragon. I decided I really didn't want to draw dragon, but parts were ok. I'm super pleased with the result!!

#13 - Ash. I was so stumped and really didn't want to draw a cigarette. I would like to be here!

#14 - Overgrown. I really wanted to use a brush pen, but couldn't find mine in black (maybe I don't have one?) and decided this was a good opportunity to use some color!

#15 - Legend - (Urban), black eyed kids. I mostly wanted to draw something kinda creepy!


No comments:

Post a Comment