Sunday, September 28, 2014

29 Faces - September 2014

Soooo, I had originally not planned on doing the 29 faces thing this month. Then I found myself wanting to play around with sketching faces with the copics, which resulted in a page of faces and I decided it was worth trying to get to 29 in a effort to also im[prove my faces since the first page was a little... interesting. Not sure if I'll get to 29 by the end of the month, but I'll try!

In contrast to my last set of 29 (or.... 28) where I tried something different every time, this time around I decided to use the same medium (copic + marker paper), about the same size, looking at pictures in issues of allure magazine that I somehow mysteriously have a subscription to despite never buying such a thing.

After this first set, I wanted to do more because... well despite the somewhat exaggerated, cartoonish feature of some of them, I knew I needed more practice.  The ones on the left were drawn by looking at pictures, the ones on the right by tracing. Turns out tracing sucks. I didn't think enough about what was going on! Onward!


Little bit of tracing, little bit of looking. Better results, for the most part. Drawing with markers requires precision.


Scribble, scribble, then jumped to using C1, C3, C5 & C7. Much better.

!!!! ok! 10 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment