Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Gelli Women

My gelli plate has been a little neglected recently... tossed aside for wooden eyeball paintings the last few months and stunted by my perpetual hope for the 12' x 14" one to appear at Dick Blick so I can use a 40% off coupon on it (dreams!) But as I am apt to do and fueled by a couple new stencils, this weekend it was time to bring the gelli plate back out again for some fun! Also, out of curiosity, I decided to do a time lapse video of the process. It's weird to watch it myself for many reasons... The fact that I was only really working on the 8 prints (and a couple more that weren't finished) for about 90 minutes based on the number of photos (I would have guessed a few hours.) Some of the breaks are me just wandering off to do something else including cutting quite a few stencils, letting things dry, sleeping or putting on more music. The fact that I work on so many prints simultaneously and the ways the resulting prints are similar and different.

Ok, too much rambling! Time for some art!

The process.....





...and the results!





















1 comment:

  1. This is a cool idea! I love how you texturize a layer to serve as the hair for the silhouettes.
    I wish I could better follow which layers were for which prints.

    ReplyDelete