Monday, May 25, 2015

Sailing 5/17/15


As I mentioned in my last post, last weekend we had an opportunity to go out on a sailboat again! The morning started out a bit overcast, but as we headed out of Marina del Rey and into the open ocean, the clouds split open and gave us some nice weather for a day of sailing. As usual, there were plenty of animals, fun boats to watch, good company and plenty of ocean to clear the mind.....












Marina del Rey:


















Wildlife:

I think this might be a Reef Stingray, but I guess there are a couple other that are commonly confused with the Reef Stingray, so I could be wrong!












dolphins!


The Boat:






(note to self: learn to tie knots.)


(inside the boat with all of our crap!)


confinement and freedom




(when I look at something like this, my brain immediately begins deconstructing the seams/stitches and trying to figure out the roles of each one)




I (barely) managed to get all 6 passengers in this 1 reflection!

Theoretically sitting on the edges of the boat seems scary/risky, but I think it's my favorite place to be since you get the least obstructed views of the ocean & sky 




Open Ocean:











 looking towards Malibu near the Getty Villa




 





No comments:

Post a Comment