Wednesday, May 9, 2012

a tiny pancake


a tiny whole wheat strawberry pancake for a tiny little friend!






While making strawberry whole wheat pancakes this weekend, I decided to make a little pancake for my little rat instead of just handing her little pieces. She immediately ran off with the pancake and ate it someplace where no one could sneak up and steal it from her.

I used the Martha Stewart pancake recipe from here. It's a pretty easy and reliable recipe. I simply replace the flour with white whole wheat flour and some ground flax seed, just because. I also ran out of buttermilk, so I used pureed strawberries for about half of the buttermilk. Also, since I'm only making breakfast for 2 at the most, I usually make a half recipe. Then again, if you have extras, they freeze really well. I served the pancakes with some sliced strawberries (and a little bit of sugar when you maybe forget to put any sweetener in the pancakes themselves. Oops.)

No comments:

Post a Comment