Saturday, January 14, 2012

covering my self propelled-mobile

So, I've had my bike about 3 and a half years and after thousands of miles, the seat is finally starting to show some wear. While browsing online, I realized I could make a cover! So I dug through my fabric and pulled out canvas and spandex scraps and some elastic, traced my seat and took a few measurements and pulled this seat cover together. My old seat also had a reflective patch on the back, so taking that idea, I sewed a bit of reflective fabric on the back of the cover. I took it out for the first time today and had no problems! Awesome!

I'm also debating making a suede cover and using this one as a top cover. This one is stretchy enough that it can fit on a larger seat. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment